10/22/15

Venice

venice water transportation

gelato in venice

venice water taxi guide

best venice travel tips

venice travel guide

venice sunset

venice transportation guide

what to do in venice

what to eat in venice

how to travel venice in one day

venice gondola serenade

venice outfit
I just got back to my hotel from my first day in Venice and I am two things: overwhelmed by the beauty of it and beyond exhausted. Today was one of those days that my heart was completely filled with gratitude at getting to marvel at the stunning historical beauty of Venice and indulging in this rich Italian culture. 
Before I go to bed, (I've been awake 48 hours) I wanted to share some unedited shots I got on my camera today. I didn't use my phone all day, as I wanted to see and feel present for everything. 
Here are some travel notes I took mentally: 
The food was incredible. I had lasagna for dinner and it was more mild than in the states, but very flavorful. I was amazed at how good and cheap the wine is! Between 5 and 10 Euros a bottle!
Tiramisu is really different but SO good and pistachio gelato was so creamy and delicious. 
I walked about 20 miles today between airports and dropping my bags off and going but it was so worth it. I was surprised that all transportation in the city of Venice is via water taxis, but its such a neat experience. I got a 24 hour pass and stopped at some of the more popular stops, Murano, where they make the glass and San Marco. Tomorrow I will do all of the museums and churches. 
Walking down the alleyways is like a labyrinth, and its easy to get lost! Which ended up being really neat and seeing the old buildings was awesome. This city is so charming and you just feel the history seeping through.
Image Map

6 comments:

  1. Love your style,perfect look on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos, one of us was in Venice this summer and this city is beautiful, wonderful and perfect to go with couple!

    http://www.inatrendytown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boots,which is one of our best-selling products, offers a cool comfy casual look according to your fashion sense.
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Black
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Black
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Chestnut
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Chocolate
    http://www.classicugg.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10