10/9/14

Simplicity




Chicwish dress / Forever 21 Over the kneee boots from last season, now on sale. / Celine sunnies 

Although neutrals and solids are my inarguable favorites, I tend to stick to darker palettes such as black/white, navy/grey. I unintentionally shied away from khaki/brown, but when I saw the simplicity of this dress, I was so drawn to it. The other day I had a meeting with an acclaimed architect designer, and while he was explaining his vision for this newest development, he stated "simplicity is the highest form of complexity," in his distinctive French accent. It was one of those quotes that will stick with me forever. I couldn't agree with him more. Often times we try so hard to be different or complex in everything from personal style to lifestyle, and when I take a step back, I recognize simplicity as highly complex and elegant, and something I strive for. As Lagerfeld wisely said, "trendy is the last stage before tacky." The man, that Karl. 

Image Map

12 comments:

  1. I just love everything about this outfit! xo

    www.tatsthepoint.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are killer! I love the soft, subtle color palette- perfect for fall. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a hard time taking my eyes off the boots....wow! Fantastic outfit!

    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cuts and color! I love, love your boots!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots are everything!!
    http://www.fashionablyspeakn.com/2014/10/wardrobe-anatomy-staples-and-classics.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning boots!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding great pieces like this dress! Looks great on you! xx Danielle

    www.getup-goblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boots are stunning! I love your outfit!!!
    XOXO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10