10/13/14

Grateful





French Connection Dress / Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in beso / Celine sunglasses / shoe mint heels / shiny mix earrings
This dress has been sitting in my closet with tags for over six months. I got it with NYFW in mind, but since I ended up opting out this Fall season, it just remained there looking pretty. Last weekend it was my dad's 17th year death anniversary, and like every year, around that time I am not my happiest. This year though, was especially sad, as my mother was in a car accident that threatened to take her life, but our God is just so good, and not being done with her yet, He spared her. I have never felt more shocked and overwhelmed with both fear and gratitude. It puts into perspective how quickly we can lose a loved one, how quickly many of us have lost them, and how little time we have to cherish them. But the time we have is oh so precious, and I am so grateful for God's infinite mercy and grace that befall our family this weekend, but also every day. That to say, my weekend was spent quietly reflecting, and my husband wanted to do something special for me, so he surprised me with tickets to the Marc Anthony concert. It was by far the best performance I've ever been to, and I had so much fun dancing and singing along to songs that my mom and dad used to dance to when I was a child. It was absolutely a dream! 

Image Map

12 comments:

  1. I want to wish your mom a speedy recovery. Such a shock!
    Your outfit is stunning. I meant the shoes, lipstick, glasses, earings and dress are perfect.

    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude towards being grateful! Love this look!!
    http://www.fashionablyspeakn.com/2014/10/meet-cast-cats-meow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your father was watching over your mum that weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look SO great! And I love your story about gratitude and God's grace; and what a kind gift to attend that concert! Thanks for sharing this-- how encouraging:)

    http://simplicityrelished.com/pixie-pants-bright-colors/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is beyond amazing and you are beyond gorgeous in it!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100% beautiful perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just Love the whole look - I want everything! Beautiful!
    http://highheelsbrownhair.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful dress! You look perfect in it, Nicholl. Anyway, I'm thankful that your mother is doing fine. The car accident must've given your family quite a fright. I agree with what you said about cherishing every moment and making sure to tell your loved ones how you feel about them, everyday if you can. Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Roman Barnes @ Johnson & Johnson Law Firm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10