8/11/14

Walgreens Beauty

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WalgreensBeauty #CollectiveBias

When it comes to make-up, in a lot of instances, you get what you pay for. Part of growing up for me was realizing that there are some things that I shouldn't cut corners on. But there are some things that can be bought at Walgreens, that work just as great. I recently splurged on myself a little, and bought all new makeup. It is superb, and made with special organic ingredients that are great for your skin. However, because I don't wear makeup every day, I also like to have another set around to use on days where I'm not looking to primp up a whole lot. I chose an organic brand that I got at Walgreens for a very reasonable price, and it is great to achieve an everyday Summer beauty look.

My friend Danica was over, and I showed her what I had gotten, and asked her if I could try it on her, as she didn't have make-up on that day. She is the mom of a two-year old, so making her feel glammed up and beautiful was really fun for me. She looked so great that I ended up giving her the makeup for her to use at home. 

This made me think of a couple things I've noticed are instant feel-goods when I'm feeling down:

1. Do Something for Someone. 

The benefits reaped from fulfilling acts of kindness are invaluable. My mom has always taught me, by word and example to live a generous life. She used an analogy that has stuck with me through the years. "If you live with your hands wide open from giving, there is always room for them to be filled." 

2. Do Something for You. That is Free.

I used to believe that shopping to de-stress was cheaper than a therapist. I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, shopping is A+ in any given scenario, but I've observed that when you try to fill a void with material things, the void only gets larger. No amount of money can relax you. I like to take an hour of my time to just sit outside, admire the view and breathe. Yoga has instilled in me that breathing purposely is essential to good health. I like to listen to my favorite playlists, go for a walk, take my dog to the park, read a book, or just sit and breathe. 

3. Get Organized 

I recently created my own planner, and it has honestly been life changing. I bought a binder and created my own tabs and fillers, and it has everything that I need in order to stay organized. Writing everything down from due dates to goals makes things much more real, and easier to accomplish. Since I've had this planner, I haven't missed any dates, and although I have the same amount of work, having it laid out neatly and organized makes my days so much smoother -- knowing what type of responsibility I have for myself and to delegate. 


 





Thank you to Walgreens for sponsoring this post. 
Walgreens customers may get a free set of travel-size make-up brushes with purchase of $20 beauty or personal care purchase until 8/30 by going to this link



5 comments:

  1. Those are all amazing ways to get a little pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Walgreens sold organic makeup. I'd love to know what brand shade of lipstick that is! #client

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10