8/1/14

Patriotic




This week I realized that I hand't worn jeans all Summer. Honestly, not once. I missed my trusted pair of skinnies, but I wasn't ready to embrace anything other than shorts until now. I haven't given Fall much thought, because I really don't need to living in Miami, but also because although I don't exactly have a Summer distinction, there is a certain gear my mind kicks in that knows that beach days get longer, ice cream trips become more frequent, and cut offs are worn all day, every day. I seem to find a way to wear cut offs on any and every occasion; however, in an attempt to wear jeans for once, I paired them with this cute, boho top that fits on the shoulders so femininely. Not surprisingly, I could also wear this top with jean shorts for a more casual look, but this time I chose a patriotic trio with the stark white top, blue pumps and red lips. I saw a sign the other day that read, "My Lipstick is Redder Than Yours," and it made me laugh because it's true. I had been in the search for the reddest red my whole life, before finding this Stila shade. 

I can't believe it is August 1st already. It seems to me that after August arrives, its a blur until the Holidays. I hope you guys have a relaxing and fun weekend. I am having a small surgery today (more on that next week) so I will be taking it easy. Probably with my mint chocolate chip klondike bars!! ;) 

8 comments:

  1. Love this look! That top is so pretty on you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look! Love your top :)

    Enjoy your day,
    xx
    Lily
    pslilyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually missing my jeans...however, it is way to stale and humid to even try. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo nice white blouse, I want to have one, so simple and fashion.
    http://www.wecocktaildress.com/summer_7-t-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove this top!! and the way you paired it with skinnies and that pop of royal in the pump, makes me love it even more!! great styling!!

    xoxo,
    Tara Belle
    www.northernlights-southernbelles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10