8/13/14

Miami Swim Week with Stila Cosmetics

Last month, I was the partner blogger for make-up brand, Stila, during Mercedes Benz Swim Week here in Miami. I had so much fun with the team backstage for all of their shows, and I got to learn quite a bit about make-up, and the looks selected for each of the designer's collection. I spoke with Sarah Lucero, celebrity make-up artist and Global Artistic Director for Stila Cosmetics about how the make-up looks come about, and she explained that she meets with the designer, sees the collection, and collaboratively, they create a look that compliments it. 

For Swim Week '14, Stila did all make-up for Clover Canyon, Mikoh, L'Space, Bellusso, and Mara Hoffman shows. 

I wanted to share with you guys some shots I got, and the gorgeous make-up created for the shows. 

CLOVER CANYON + STILA COSMETICS:
  • INSPIRATION:  "Sun Kissed Siren" - beauty focus on the lips
    • "The makeup was minimal with a fun pop of color.  Skin was kept young, fresh and healthy and just warmed up with orange tones on both the face and lip."
  • STILA COSMETICS PRODUCTS USED:

MIKOH + STILA COSMETICS:  
  • INSPIRATION:  Modern Beach Beauty
  • "The look was a take on a bronzey day at the beach, just woken up from a nap in the South Pacific. Soft stained lips, bronzed dewy skin and long lifted lashes for a bright eye effect"
  • STILA COSMETICS PRODUCTS USED:


L'SPACE + STILA COSMETICS:  
  • INSPIRATION:  Mystic Mermaid
    • Notes from Sarah:  "We wanted to create looks that were representative of a seaside nomad in search of the perfect water – and beautifully drenched from head to toe"
  • STILA COSMETICS PRODUCTS USED:
 

BELLUSSO + STILA COSMETICS:  
  • INSPIRATION:  Radio-Active Renegade
    • "Think Modern Tribal - New York girls go to Miami. Highlight of this look was the neon nouveau rosy coral power pout. Warm ambers and sienna tones highlight the eyes with a peak of paradise pink."  
  • STILA COSMETICS PRODUCTS USED:



MARA HOFFMAN + STILA COSMETICS:  
  • INSPIRATION:  Jungle Queen
    • "The Mara Hoffman look was inspired by Amazonian jungle beauty - natures tropical greens and rainforest dewy skin.  Mara wanted a full brow and a pop of emerald in the corner of the eyes – Brooke shields meets blue lagoon!"
  • STILA COSMETICS PRODUCTS USED:

I had all the looks done on me for the shows, and I've tried them at home since. They are so wearable, light and natural. I love a radiant look that is absolutely effortless and almost bare. 

These are some shots of my my time with Stila during this hectic and thrilling week!

Sarah Lucero is the global artistic director for Stila. She is the mastermind behind the looks and she is so graceful and kind! She did my make-up a few times, and she's a genius! 
The girls at Bellusso. I was obsessed with the coral lips. 

"Jungle Queen" look with Mara Hoffman herself. I loved the thick brows for this one. 

And the leftover goodies that I've been playing with! 


 I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I look forward to seeing your take on these runway make-up looks!

9 comments:

  1. Wow everyone looks SO stunning!
    Wish I had that opportunity!
    Hope you can stop by soon(:

    xx Shirley
    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of these makeup looks!! I'm obsessed with coral lips!!

    xoxo
    Lauren
    www.dressingdallas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10