7/24/14

Pattern Mixing: Stripes & Ikat




jcrew factory skirt / blouse via nordstrom / H&M jacket similar one I just ordered here / flats / ray ban sunglasses / prada bag

I am not a pattern mixer at all. I don't know how to pull it off, and frankly, I just don't like it on most occasions. I value simplicity above all other style "rules." With that said, when I bought this skirt ( a long time ago) I thought the shiny stripes were so cute and elegant, and I assumed I could easily pair it with a lot of things. I was wrong. Although I still like the skirt; I have found it is has not been easy for me to style it with other items. I wanted to throw a pop of color to it, and I came up with this coral/red combination, paired with a classic bag and flats. 

13 comments:

  1. Great pattern mixture, I love the sungalsses ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool outfit!! theres a lot of mixing but its not overwhelming
    I lovee the jacket! the colors are amazing
    Xo, Belen
    A Hint of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo! You look gorgeous lady!

    Xo
    Kristin of LivingInColorPrint.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how versatile the jacket is!

    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you pull this outfit off everywell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever combination of patterns and colors! Absolute perfection!
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10