7/10/14

Frayed Shorts






Distressed shorts are my favorite thing to wear in the Summer. However, they can get pretty pricey, ranging in the $200 department for really good rips. And although they can be time consuming to make, they are not difficult to create. I looked up a video, and with my husband's help on one leg, a utility knife and pair of tweezers, we killed these within an hour. 
1. Start off with any pair of cut offs.

2. Make cuts as wide as you want them with a utility knife, with about half an inch of height separation.


3. With a tweezer, pull the frays until you see white. You will then pull the vertical, blue threads until you go across the shorts. 


4. Between two people, it took an hour to make these, and it was a fun project! 

5. After all the threads were pulled, I used the utility knife to cute the sides further out. 

6. Voila! 

I'm off to the Hamptons for a girl's weekend, and will be sporting these there the whole time! Hope you all have a great weekend! If you are in the Miami area, I wanted to share this event that will be a lot of fun!



Ever think you could make jorts with a cowboy? Here's your chance to meet a man who crafts his heart out. Okay, so maybe he's not the best DIY-er. But what he lacks in cutting skills, he more than makes up for when he makes the perfect Sauza-rita. Watch him in action for ideas for your next ladies' night in: http://bit.ly/1juaLln.

Sauza® is a registered trademark of Tequila Sauza S. de R.L. de C.V. (“Tequila Sauza”) and is used with permission.  The information, comments and ideas expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Tequila Sauza, its affiliated companies or any of their directors or employees.  Tequila Sauza does not sponsor, authorize, or otherwise endorse this website.




9 comments:

  1. I have tried this before and it never came out this good, I'm going to try it again it looks so cute!

    check out and follow my new blog! :) http://fitnessissuccess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I have been coveting the Rag and Bone Rebel shorts but perhaps I should just try to recreate them myself! Thanks for the fashion inspiration! :)

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10