11/25/13

White and Red


This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and People StyleWatch and InStyle magazines but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PeopleInStyle http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO






asos shirt ℅ / shoemint shoes  ℅ / nordstrom jeans / personalized gigi new york clutch ℅  / oasap coat / oasap necklace ℅ 
While shopping for some Christmas lights and ornaments at Target, I picked up the December issues of InStyle and People Style Watch magazines, and I received a $5 Target giftcard for buying them together, score! These two are my go to's in magazines because they provide the most outfit inspiration. There was a spread in InStyle about wearing red with white. I know nowadays, the white after labor day rule is a thing of the past, but it still feels a bit out of sorts. However, seeing it laid out so pretty on the magazine gave me inspiration to try it out. I already owned a pair of white jeans and a white top, and I have this red coat, which was waiting to be worn. Though initially hesitant, once I put it all together, I felt quite confident in my winter white ensemble, with a statement coat. 
There were several other trends in the magazine that I was inspired by. I love all black, and there is a chic way to wear it in there, and I also love the "i love my…" celebrity spread. In this issue, Olivia Palermo wore her blue pumps with five different looks, and it opened my eyes to see just how versatile a pair of colorful pumps can be. Even more so than a pair or classic black ones. 
I will be stuffing all my girlfriend's stockings with an issue of InStyle, or People Style Watch, because not only are they great entertainment reads, fabulous fashion, beauty, and hair inspiration, but, if you purchase both of these magazines together at Target, you will receive a $5 Target gift card, making them almost free! This promotion starts 11/29-12/7. 
Are there any looks you have been wanting to try? This time, I think this look worked for me, even with the all white, but other times it may not, and that's okay! No harm done when experimenting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10