11/5/13

Pops of Color




Prada handbag / mac lips / sunglasses / Express pants c/o Mint sugar boutique necklace / siramara bracelet c/o / sweater / blue pumps / 
I surprised myself when I got dressed and reached for these blue pumps to wear with this getup. I figured it might not go well, but I opted for them, as I liked the twist and pop of color. As for my sweater, this is one of my favorites. Plaid is such a classic Fall / Winter pattern, and worth having, as it never goes out of style. Last week, my husband surprised me with this beautiful bag, and it blew me away. This has been a purse I've dreamt of for three years, but could not bring myself to purchase it for myself. When I first laid eyes on this Saffiano style, I was thinking of black or tan, but when I went to Bloomies and tried it on (I've done it multiple times, a girl can dream ), I fell in love with the red one. Funny, because I am a neutral color person through and through. I hardly ever dress colorfully, but I think that's what drew me to this specific bag. It is a stand out piece, and pop to most of my outfits. And the lady at Bloomies told me that every girl needs a red, classic accessory, so she's probably right :)
 I am so thankful for this amazing gift, but I realize its ultimately just a purse, and it is so costly, that I almost feel bad having it. But, my husband assured me it is a gift, and I should just cherish it. And cherish it I will. However, no matter how many designer things I collect, I never want to lose sight of what truly matters and moves The Lord's heart. These materialistic things are treats, but my treasure is built on how much I can do for others in this life. 

17 comments:

  1. such a beautiful outfit, Nicholl! I love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue of your heels. Your Husband is very generous! I also have mostly neutral bags, so a bright red one is just perfect!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new bag! I am actually thinking of getting one in tan too since I couldn't find Chanel Cerf tote in tan. What is the serial number of this one BN 1874? Does it come with shoulder strap too?

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look Nicholl, the pop of color from your blue shoes is genius!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful darling!

    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tartan sweater!! And a fab choice with the pop of cobalt in the heels :)

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is one of my favorites, not because of the style (and style you have!!) but because you seem to have such a sweet heart behind it. I was not going to comment but I just simply loved the last paragraph on today's entry. I can totally relate to the way you feel and it's good to see someone remain grounded :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweater, so gorgeous Nicholl <3

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your red bag, so lovely. By the way, what is the brand? You can check Mosafer bags and travel accessories for your travel needs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10