10/17/13

Wonderstruck

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.

Yesterday, while I grabbed some groceries at Walmart, I wondered off into their perfume isle, which I didn't even know existed, and was pleasantly surprised. I found the same perfumes I see at department stores, but for a fraction of the cost. I smelled a few, as they have all of the testers out, and I tried some on, since I have learned that all perfumes smell different on different skins. For me, floral scents rarely work because I have dry skin, and the scent dissolves and doesn't stick on me for long. I need strong scents, with a bit of oil in them for duration. Usually sweets is what I like to buy. After my smell test, I fell in love with Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck. It smells sweet and not too strong. I always associate my perfumes with moods and locations, and this one makes me feel like a pink Fall forest, peaceful and girly.  I think of the commercial she did, with her song "Enchanted," how she is dancing through the forest in a cream tulle dress, absolutely enchanting and wood-fairy like. The scent of the perfume captures just that. And the packaging resembles it as well, with simple gold details and a sparkling bottle. I love it when a woman walks in a room and leaves a trail of amazing smell behind her. Growing up, I would always want to wear my mom's t-shirts because even after washing them, her perfume sticks so strongly to them. Having a signature wonderful smell that people remember you by is something so feminine and beautiful. I picked up the small 1oz one to carry in my purse to spray myself a couple of times throughout the day. I also like to spray my shirt collars before I put them on. Its always nice to treat yourself to a little something, what better than dainty perfume. :)





10 comments:

  1. I DO LIKE THE SMELL OF WONDERSTRUCK, BUT I'VE NEVER BOUGHT A FULL SIZE BOTTLE.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottle is super cute. And so are you, my friend xoxo Love the camo and the bun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv that camo top on you Nicholl. Gorgeous. Particularly like the first photo of you and your sunglasses .. oh so glam :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s. I am very jealous of the palm tree setting in the sunshine :( whilst i sit at my desk and its all grey skies and rain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blogpost! You look stunning!

    xoxo
    http://sarandaadriana.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look and now I'm reminded that I wanted a new perfume :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to tell you I have been wanting to try Wonderstruck for some time. You may have pushed me over the edge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm convinced you can make anything look good. But smelling good is almost as important and it looks like you smell great! #client

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10