10/30/13

My LBD








Sheinside Dress c/o / Report Signature Heels via Lulus c/o / Lips / Sunglasses / J.Crew Necklace (similar)

Women dote their little black dress, it is no secret. When I was 17, I found my first BB Dakota perfect LBD, and I wore it until (probably last year) but it still holds a place in my closet and heart, as the dress that taught me how far a black dress will take you. Since my high school years, I hadn't come across another dress that I esteemed as much, until I found this one while searching for something to wear to a charity gala. I knew it wasn't a ball gown occasion, and that I would be sitting with serious entrepreneurs so my frilly pinks and brights would have to be subdued for the night. However, the layer of tulle under the lace creates a poof and that was enough to draw me in. I actually wore my hair in a slicked back bun and didn't wear bright lips that night, but it felt too mature, so later on I did a messy pony and the brightest shade of red I could find for my lips to make play up the poofy fun of the dress. 

18 comments:

  1. That dress is so pretty and love the bow in the sandals.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress and those shoes belong together! Great look and I love how you can dress this up with a bun and bright lip, but also make it fun.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love the dress! It looks great on you. I always love lace.

    Ashley
    http://allthatglitters.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dress is gorgeous! I love the detailing on the back

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all black..looks amazing!
    xx
    Amanda
    www.denimanddaydreamsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous, and I love those heels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love that it's super reasonable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're pretty much amazing. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress and you look fabulous in it!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing!! That dress is gorgeous and I love the shoes! It is hard to beat an LBD.

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty LBD! So much more fun than a simple black sheath.

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so gorgeous! I love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sheer layers on it. LBD's don't have to be utilitarian pieces! They can be fun and whimsical like yours.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super pretty dress! I love it with your hair like this, I can see what you mean about the bun feeling too mature.
    -Kodi
    grey et al

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10