9/13/13

NYFW Recap with The Hunt

Happy Friday! This has been an extra long week, as I've been sick as a dog, with a mile long list of work piled up, and I have been anxiously waiting for my parents to come visit this weekend!
Today I am recapping my experience at my first ever NYFW!
I attended on behalf of The Hunt, a community that tracks down the things you covet simply through a photo, to be their guest instagrammer. See my photos here. I loved being part of The Hunt's family. They are so kind, and I love the concept of their work. Today, I did a hunt for a font, and minutes later it was found. So innovative and practical.
I had a great time, was inspired by the shows I attended, and street style alike. New York City is one of my favorite places in the world, and being in the heart of it for a few days, taking cabs, walking in a fast paced crowd, and eating street food is music to my ears.


The main trend for Spring 2014 that I picked up on was black and white. Solids taking over patterns, French simplicity and sophistication taking precedence over American laid back coolness, structured and loose fitting cuts saying bye to bodycon styles we have seen years past. Pointy toes continue to adorn feminine feet, while heels are shorter and take a closer approach to kitty heels than stilettos. Leather sustains its ground and is vividly advanced through pops of colors like this fushia Kat Lionovich number. Other sighted trends were crop tops, crop statement jackets and satin. 


 Amongst many bloggers I met, Wendy was one of the kindest and ever inspiring!

 NWFW was filled with parties, dinners, meetings and the like, but this one was special, as I got to dine with part of the Glam Media team, and chat with these sweet girls who I had virtually known for a long time. 


If you've never felt like a celebrity, fret not, because outside the Lincoln Road center, the paparazzi will make you feel up to par with the likes of Nikki and Paris Hilton, and Jessica Alba, who were frequently sighted along this hallway. 






And this photo of me getting in a cab, having a Carrie Bradshaw moment circulated all the way back to the Huffington Post. 
I stopped by a couple of showrooms, and snapped a quick photo to show you guys what it looks like! The concept of showrooms is that you go to pull pieces to wear to that designer's show. 

And of course, "big lights will inspire you..."

And lastly, a quick street scene shot on my first night there. NY architecture knows no bounds on loveliness! 


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing photos!! Looks like so so much fun!

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had so much fun!

    xo,
    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had an AMAZING time Nicholl! What an amazing experience.

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fabulous time! I love the outfit you wore to the glam dinner! Have a wonderful weekend with your parents and hope you are feeling better.

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a ton of fun!! Great photos...thanks for sharing :)

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing Nice outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10