8/22/13

The Language of Flowers

When I am in a solemn mood, nothing brings me together like flowers. I read the book, " The Language of Flowers" a few months back, and it helped me understand the connection we have with flowers. I have always felt the most peace when I am surrounded by nature. Maybe because to me, God and nature are one, and because my parents' house, where I grew up, is surrounded by the woods and acres of land. Nature reminds me I am so little in a world so big. And I have so much to be thankful for.  In college I read "Nature" by Ralph Waldo Emerson, and I took this quote with me: 
"The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"






6 comments:

  1. Even just looking at those gorgeous pictures makes me a little happier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen blue peonies like that! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pretty flowers. They brighten up my mood and any room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Meg, looking at these pretty pictures totally brought a little more happy to my day!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers..yup being in the great outdoors brings me the balance I need during stressful times. Thats why I love roadtrips so much so just I can just stare at nature for miles and miles.
    Beautiful writing!
    Dee of Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers.

    Happy Friday!
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10