6/27/13

Be Your Best with All You Magazine

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and All You, but all my opinions are my own. #lifeforless #pmediahttp://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO

I mentioned to you guys this week, that a month ago, I decided to turn things around for myself in the health department. I joined cross fit, and hopped on the Paleo bandwagon. I changed my fries for veggies, and ice cream for berries. And though I admit it's not easy, I have honestly seen and felt the difference, and it is worth it. Feeling challenged and having a goal towards fitness changes your perspective. 

I have been looking for easy reads, blogs and magazines to get recipes and tips from. While shopping at Winn Dixie, I browsed through some magazines and picked up the July edition of All You. It was my first time being exposed to this magazine, and I am addicted! It is so worth the $3 bucks. The articles have so much information for your overall health and life. From an array of coupons I will be using, to how to improve your ab workout, to quick and simple Summer recipes, All You is a great coffee read. 


 One of the articles gives alternatives to the typical sit up that we all dread. Instead of crunches, it recommends that you switch things up and do three different reps of various ab exercises that involve the abdominal muscle group, increasing your metabolism and burning more calories than doing only sit up repetitions. This changes things for me, as this week I've been waking up and dropping on the floor to do 100 sit ups. 


 The article on quick starting your metabolism and dropping fat was my absolute favorite. Being around a cross fit trainer (my husband) and all his health freaks friends, and I have never heard of some of these tips. I am on board with them!!! I don't want to spoil your read, but some of my favorite ways to increase your metabolism included:

1.Give up Gum. Chewing gum makes you swallow and trap air that bloats you. 
2. Consume six to seven servings of dairy per day. This one blew me away! Though Paleo is anti-dairy, I am considering this information. The article states that women who eat 15 % of daily calories in dairy and 30% in protein, shed belly weight twice as fast than those with a low dairy and low protein diet. Good thing I love me some Greek yogurt!!


 Another article talked about moisturize for your skin and hair. In the Summer, although humidity helps your skin and hair by keeping it more hydrated, the water you lose through sweat and heat, can often leave you dehydrated. Using a daily sunscreen can double as a moisturizer, which is what I do, and I find it to keep my skin soft and hydrated. (I use the one below). And Fish oil was recommended for hair health and hydration. I hear wonders about Biotin, but for me, nothing compares to Fish oil.


I highly recommend this magazine! Although I am reviewing it for the All You company, my opinions are honest, and I will continue to snag this magazine! I am getting off the computer now because I am going to make a recipe I found in the magazine (amongst 31 delicious ones) turkey taco meat loaf! 

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great day! Stay healthy ;) 


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your moisturizer, I've been looking to buy one but wasn't sure what to purchase! Thanks, April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great magazine. Anything to stay motivated!

    webberwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10