5/23/13

Short Sleeve Chambray




Shirt: J.Crew (on sale) / Shorts: similar / Shoes: similar (on sale madewell) / Bag: VJ Style / Necklace: F21 / Glasses: Ray Ban / Lipstick: Revlon love that pink #435
I wore this easy ensemble on Sunday afternoon to take a walk down South Beach and fill up on Pinkberry :) Can we just take a moment and just..take a moment for Pinkberry. I don't like frozen yogurt, but that stuff is beyond. This summer, shorts are my new dresses. And when this short sleeve chambray went on sale, I was all over it. I try to be very careful with what I invest money on. When I shop at Target, Forever 21,  H&M.. retailers of the sort, I pick up the trendier stuff. Like florals and pattern shorts. Things that are cute now, but in a year from now, they will be in the back of my closet. I get my main pieces, that will give me my cost per wear at J.Crew, Zara, and places like that. Chambrays are so easy to wear with EVERYTHING, that to me, it's worth paying the extra money to get one you absolutely love at J.Crew or Madewell.  I find that in my younger days, I would buy a ton of $10, $15 things, and I would only wear them so much, for so long, and I was actually spending more than if I got a few classic pieces that I can wear a lot. This is not to state that most of my wardrobe doesn't consist of $15 pieces, but still. It's worth giving it a thought ;) 

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous chambray and love the jewelry and accessories as well!
    kw, ladies in navy
    jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chambray with the black shorts! I used to steal my roommates chambray top and wear it with my black pants. It looks so classy but is so comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So cute and I love the necklace!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. chic and cool!

    http://chicroute.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Nicholl! I love the mix of an easy chambray and a stunning statement necklace. I'm definitely going to have to give a short-sleeve denim top a try! Hope you have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend.

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! I was never really convinced on the short sleeve chambray, but you've totally changed my mind!! Have a wonderful holiday.

    xo
    ivyandmolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I need that shirt in my life! I love it with the black shorts too. I have a pair that I haven't worn in years, but this is inspiring me to break them out again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So relaxed with a touch of class. :)

    Julia @ www.livingoninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just too cute! I wish I looked that good in clothing! But one day I will again! Stopping by from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10