4/29/13

{In Colombia}


Kyle and I took an anniversary trip to my homeland, Colombia. Did y'all know that although I was raised in Memphis, TN and everything about me is Southern through and through, I was actually made in Colombia? Full blood Spanish. This country is a charm and a half. Ask Paris, she was here the same week as us (Celeb status) ;) Anywho, this trip was needed. It's funny, different cultures really do shape you. While we took this trip to celebrate our second wedding anniversary, I feel like it refreshed us as people in general. Most of the Colombian population is so poor, yet so happy. They fill you with their generosity and welcoming spirits. Being unplugged from technology was a plus too. Kyle and I got to really enjoy each other's company, and be surrounded by my family. Man, I sure do miss that bunch. Spending time with my sister and her amazing little family was so wonderful. 
For a recap- well, we watched a lot of TV, ate a lot of food, slept a lot, did spa time, shopped, and played with the two best twin nephews in this planet. the besttttt. 
Our hearts need a little filling once in a while, don't they? I find that when I'm away, I get to put my priorities in order. Praying, reading the Word, loving my family, and reflecting on the things in my life. A quote that gathers my thoughts is "you will find that it is necessary to let things go, simply for the reason that they are heavy." 
After the ten days were over, I had to have a small sinus surgery, so I stayed for an extra week. Now I'm en route back home, back to real life. Except with a bandaged face. 

Have a great one, and THANK YOU for reading!


15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good trip. Best wishes for your recovery, Nicholl!! Cuidate, mujer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful trip and celebration! Happy Anniversary! :) So exciting to be back with your family and surrounded by your natural culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you had a great time with your fam! :)

    New follower! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother is serving a mission in Cali, Colombia! I love seeing pictures of the area so I can get a glimpse of what it's like. It looks beautiful!

    http://homewiththeuricks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing trip! I love visiting family, it really keeps you grounded. Lovely photos. And I'm happy to hear about your priorities since I'm also in the same boat :)
    God truly has blessed you with a beautiful family and culture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great trip & looks it too since you'r hanging out with Mario and Buzz! lol
    I've always wanted to go to Colombia - enjoy your time there!!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that you had fun! You have the most beautiful hair, by the way. :)
    http://thegrassskirtblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that you were born there! How cool! What a fun trip too.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I'm late on this, but happy anniversary!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like thе ѵaluаble info you pгovide in уour articlеs.

    I'll bookmark your web-site and check again here frequently. I'm quіte
    certаin I'll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    My web site - long term loans bad credit uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an amazing anniversary! Hope you are recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to tell you that you have gorgeous hair! I love it:-)
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS $$$.
    Are you looking for a loan to clear off your dept and start up your own Business? have you being going all over yet not able to get a legit loan Company that will loan you? Here is your final solution, We can give you any amount you need provided you are going to pay back within the period of time given without any problem. Apply now and contact us for more details via email below.
    Email: jubrinunityfinancialloan@gmail.com
    Application For loan.
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:
    E-mail address:
    Email: jubrinunityfinancialloan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Invest with $100 and get a returns of $2,000 within seven working days.

    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When thereis an pportunity for you to invest with $100 and get a returns of$2,000 within seven business orking days. Contact us now for moreinformation if interested in learning on how you can arn big withjust little amount. It is all about investing into crude oil and gas.
    Email:jubrininvestment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10