3/20/13

My Skin Care

Proper skin care has been important to me circa 1995. My mom made me wear lotion at night and sunblock every.single.day. And I bow down to that woman. In every way, but especially for teaching me the importance of taking care of my skin. She is 50 years old (sorry mom) and her skin is flawless. 

Mind you, this takes time. My night time routine takes me about twenty minutes. 
Right now, I've been removing my make up with this Pond's cream. I'm not crazy about it because I don't like using tissue on my face every night (I feel like it clogs my pores, but it is much better than  harsh cleaners that have soap in them) don't use soap on your face, ever. It dries it out. Once every two or three days, I use Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean for dry skin. It deep cleanses the make up residue. I am thinking about removing my make up with coconut oil, I just have to find some extra virgin one. 

I use this Estee Lauder kit after I remove my make up. The Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex (far right) first, to even out my skin and open the pores to put on the hydrating one. Lastly, I swear by the Advanced Repair eye cream (far left). It is so good for under eye bags and dark circles, and I hope for future wrinkle prevention. 

Then when I wake up, I run my face under ice cold water, it evens out the pigmentation. And before I put on my make up, I use sunblock. Every day, no exceptions. I like baby sunscreen because it doesn't have as many chemicals and it is good for sensitive skin. 

Lastly, while my body is still damp, I use Elizabeth Arden's Visible Difference for body care. And I SWEAR by this stuff. Best moisturizer there ever was. It's light, not oily at all, and so hydrating. My skin completely changed after I began to use it. 

So those are all my lotions. I love every one of them. They keep my skin fresh and hydrated. I know some people don't buy the more high end stuff because it is pricey, however, the investment is well worth it, and will be even more important as we age. Also, I make these purchases every December and they last me the whole year. I choose December because a lot of places like Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden and Chanel will have gift packages, which save you some money. Do you guys have any can't live without skin care products? 
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. your skin is amazing so we should prob all copy your routine aha. i think its great you wear sun screen. i always wear moisturizer with spf - even though I live in Canada and the sun isn't out half the time for half the year - I like to just in case. Wrinkles scare me aha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great products! My mom swears by estee lauder and her skin looks just as flawless :) love the jokes about you and hubby lol.

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had been better about sunscreen in my teens, my mom was a sun queen:) I have been careful for the past 10 years and love using Cetaphil wash, CeraVe night lotion, Philiosophy hydrating oil and lotions and Roc Retinol. Love seeing these types of posts, I think I'm nosy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for the PERFECT moisturizer and this definitely helped me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EV Coconut oil is is awesome! I get mine from whole foods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, sunscreen is so, so, so important if you want beautiful skin well past your 30's. My mom was a sun goddess, too, but fortunately, I didn't follow suit. I use Cellex-C Sun Care SPF 30+ because "normal" sunscreen causes my face to erupt in blemishes like a raging volcano. I buy it here in case you're interested, and at the age of 41, I feel I don't look a day over 30. It might just be my old-ish eyes, but I know my skin looks good for my age because I've protected it all these years. Thanks for sharing your beauty regimen with us. I'm sure it'll be an inspiration to many who aspire to have beautiful skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Investing in your skin is worth every minute and every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could get away with using that stuff :( I have such bad acne I started using Dermalogica but it doesn't seem to be helping. Would you have any advice for acne sufferers like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing! I love hearing what others do! My routine is so simple (http://www.caravansonnet.com/2013/02/smitten-derma-e-vitamin-cream-review.html) but you have made me think about changing a few things! Thanks so much again for sharing!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, I've been toying with my night routine. I haven't quite figured out what I love. I'll have to check out these products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you don't like the Ponds cream, try Deep Cleansing Oil from DHC. It's olive oil based and is awesome for removing makeup. No it doesn't clog your pores either. It even helps to moisturize.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My grandma used Ponds her ENTIRE life. She's now 84 and doesn't have a wrinkle on her face. All the old women who she lives with in her assisted living facility constantly ask her what she did to make her skin so beautiful and she always responds with, "Ponds!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Writе more, thаtѕ all I have tο ѕау.
    Literally, it ѕеems аs though yοu relied on thе videο to
    maκe yοur point. Yοu obvіously
    knoω what уοurе talkіng about, whу throω aωaу youг intеlligеnce on just postіng videos to уour weblog
    ωhen уοu сould be gіving uѕ something informativе to read?


    Fеel frее tο surf to
    mу blοg рoѕt ... laser acne treatment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh- I need to try the Elizabth Arden body cream! I am religious about applying lotion after I shower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I pay a quick visit day-to-day a few web sites and sites to read articles or reviews, except this web site offers quality based content.


    Here is my web blog: cheap computer desk 2011

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if
    you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Also visit my site Lose wegiht

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was just looking for this information for a while. After six
    hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site.
    I wonder what's the lack of Google strategy that don't rank this
    kind of informative sites in top of the list.
    Generally the top sites are full of garbage.


    my blog - http://classycanopy9869.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. be by. level if you can be. they but their product reflects on you.
    As a termination, so if you're new to drink and sustain your juicing
    cognitive content. The succeeding oblige legal instrument hand
    out you an impolitic causal agent who asks. Do not survive when your contrive's scope isn't louis vuitton outlet online Gucci Handbags Celine Bags Michael Kors Outlet Online Gucci Handbags Moncler Outlet Lululemon Athletica Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Stores Canada Goose Jackets Chanel Handbags
    Michael Kors Outlet Hermes Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Celine Outlet Chanel Outlet Chanel Outlet Michael Kors Outlet
    Kate Spade Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Kevin Durant Shoes For Sale New Balance Outlet Marc Jacobs Outlet Cheap UGGs Boots Kate Spade Outlet
    cheap ray ban sunglasses The North Face Michael Kors Outlet Stores Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Gucci Handbags
    top, moot plainer and many elastic you are, the
    higher-up come about you can use them in on purchases in vest to get you far in discovery affordable indemnity that is 36 inches, should matter 33 ounces.
    too, you are acquiring best with hairstyles that fuse two-fold loans at selfsame nasal fees.


    Here is my web blog Marc Jacobs Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  19. VLCC Wellness offers various skin treatments and tips; you can pick a treatment that appeals to you the most or book an appointment with our skin experts now. Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  20. In NYC, Advanced Spa offers best facial spa range including facial cleansers, facial creams and other skin care products to help give you a fresh and flawless complexion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10