-->
                                                             
                                                    H O M E |    A B O U T |    A D V E R T I S E

2/12/13

Peeking Socks




Jeans: AE / Shirt: Thrifted men's shirt / Shoes: F21 / Socks: Target  / Bag: Aldo 

This outfit was a risky one for me. I text a picture to three friends all of which responded with 1."what are those socks?" 2."what is wrong with you?" 3."you're crazy, but own it." Insecurity struck..and naturally I wore it anyway. Here is the thing though, I didn't wear it so much out of confidence, but more because I was traveling, and knew I wouldn't see anyone I knew in the airports I was at. What I'm getting at here is that if you're wearing a men's shirt from Goodwill and socks that peek between your pants and shoes, do it somewhere nobody knows you. In other news...I love my socks. And I'm linking up with Lauren for Style Sessions..you can go share your outfits there and check her out below! 
-----
Today's Featured Sponsor:
 Hi Chiffon Diary readers, it's so lovely to e-meet you! I'm Lauren and I blog at Style Elixir. I adore all things fashion, beauty, health and fitness. 

Photobucket


I love virtual shopping with my readers too - it's so much fun! I'm trying to decide on a new top at the moment, which one do you like best? Come visit and vote for the one you think I should buy!

Photobucket
I also host a weekly link-up called Style SessionsYou can share anything outfit or fashion related and even link-up virtual outfits if you're camera shy or on a budget. Join me now! Each week I also select one person to be featured as Head Stylist! It's like one giant girls night in (or a shopaholics anonymous meeting), where we share our own unique style, favorite outfits, latest fashion loves and hopefully be inspired with new ideas!

AND because you're reading Nicholl's blog, you're obviously completely fabulous, so I'd like to give one person a J.Crew Gift Card! Just enter below...



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Winner of Loft giveaway by Pursuit of Pink is: Danielle from Framed Frosting
Photobucket

20 comments :

  1. Well your friends are nuts, because you look awesome. I LOVE this look, absolutely adore it! Rock those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why it's so bad to have socks showing. I know it is bad (apparently), but I really like it! Rock the socks! Oh I just realised the comment above says the same thing. I'm not deleting it.
    Jacqui
    www.dustycountryroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I totally LOVE the socks. =) You look amazing!! You've given me inspiration to shop in the men's department when thrifting. =)
    ~Callie

    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicholl - i am LOVING that look. I don't care what anyone says. The outfit is very casual and calm and then its this little tiny peak of FUN and I think it's a great idea. I can't wait to try to pull this off somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your socks! despite what your friends say :) haha

    -marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that outfit. your so beautiful :)

    Jessica
    http://mybeautifulli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love LOVE your socks! so cute girl!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look adorable! And there are few things as comfy and forgiving as a men's shirt! :) As for the socks - super cute and immensely practical. You couldn't pay me to go through airport security and freezing plane cabins with bare feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang, this girl is all over the place! I'm glad I found her and her blog :) You always have the best featured sponsors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the peek-a-boo socks! they are so adorable! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww the socks are so cute!! Love the little pop of colour! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. simple & chic looks fantastic on you!!!! and LOVING the pop of neon polka dot sock!
    might just have recreate this look over the weekend :)

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your outfit, it looks so good & effortless

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE your polka dot socks peeking out...such a cute outfit!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your outfit! I've been wanting to try something similar with some bright socks.

    Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the awesome giveaway!!! shared it on my blog aswell

    http://chumpyjan.blogspot.com/

    xo lala

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit and absolutely amazing socks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10