2/7/13

Layered Chambray




Sweater: Taylor and Stylist / Chambray: JCrew / Pants: old Papaya / Shoes: Nordstrom (similar)/ Bracelet: JCrew (gift to myself, and obsessed beyond belief) / Lipstick: MAC Ruby Red/Bag:Fossil (old)  

Valentine's day...I don't get it. I do get the million emails though, and they are ANNOYING. Then again, I don't need a reason for a nice dinner and to bust out a bottle of vino (I'm pretending that part is unlike the daily life) But the gifts part...craziness. Crazy until there are diamonds on my left, diamonds on my right..sanity: that is sanity. Can you tell it's late on my part of the world? Well, I'm not completely heartless so to make something out of nothing, I ordered my husband a little custom made coupon book. (surprise:BLOWN) Actually, I'm fairly certain that I lost it amidst my move, so (surprise: BUST)...but you can check out Datevitation and make your own fun little book! Basically you make up dates, or raunchy stuff and put in a coupon book and gift it to your significant other. And you follow instructions. Geeze y'all, get your minds out of the gutter. I actually only did adventure ones to make sure they wouldn't happen..like sky diving, trapeze lessons...LOL. I kid, maybe I won't dodge that bullet. 
(that's what mine looked like before I lost it) 

And if you're looking to get someone special some bling...I highly recommend something from Helzberg Infinity Diamond collection. They kindly sent me over one of their infinity necklaces and it's so delicate and has the perfect amount of sparkle. Seeeeee? Pretty! 

Happy Thursday! 
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Love the bag!!! It's perfection!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the boy and I don't go overboard on Valentines Day either - just seems a bit silly too me, too much hype! Gosh I LOVE this outfit of yours. That striped top is perfect, and I love the rolled up hems on your pants :)

    life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. always a great chambray shirt. so versatile.
    your beautiful! Nice Blog~
    newest follower.
    xoxo,
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pairing of your bag and shoes! Where is the bag from?

    xx
    Bonnie Rose
    http://www.bonnieroseblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect casual classic outfit ! you look amazing !
    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous layering -- love that striped top! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blue and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boyfriend and I get each other cheap gifts and takeout. Restaurants are way too overcrowded and overpriced for us on V-day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call me crazy but I completely adore the elbows on the sweater! Great tie in with the flats and bag!
    Me and the dude don't do anything for valentines day, though this year I'm going with the "traditional" gift of flowers and chocolate for him :-) he's a chocolate fanatic lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is so simple and classic yet so stylish! I love how the white jeans add a breezy, nautical look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Beautiful necklace! Lucky girl that they sent that to you!
    Love love love the layered looK! Especially the chambray! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this nautical look and I'm obsessed with elbow patches!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this simple chic look!! the elbow patches & oxfords are the perfect accents to this look!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't go wrong with white pants + chambray + navy stripes. Love.
    -Bree @ aBree Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit! That boyfriend sweater does look perfect!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love where ever you are. Best background. Cute outfit.
    Xo Inna
    www.bakingincouture

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the clothes I've seen from Taylor and Stylist so far! That sweater is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This reminds me of one of our adventure days where we went into the woods behind Chick-fil-a and acted like it was a magical and enchanted place....when really it was just five trees and a trail behind the Chick-fil-a parking lot. Regardless, this picture brings me back and i'm trying to see past the tears in my eyes in order to type this pointless comment.

    i love you SAM... don't you ever forget that

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love you already.

09 10